We pride ourselves on having drivers who are passionate about trucking and want to see themselves succeed. Part of this is owed to having drivers who are paid fairly and offered appropriate incentives and benefits to encourage best driving practices. We reward drivers who work hard and drive efficiently and safely to haul their loads, providing incentives for excellent performance.
Learn more about how Prime supports its drivers through our pay and benefits.
Prime’s increased pay rates
When speaking of the payment of our associates, Prime Inc. Founder and President Robert Low has said, “We will share with our associates fairly, based on their contribution to our prosperity.” This is reflected in our rise in pay rates, providing more compensation for drivers who go the extra mile to drive for us. For the past six years our company drivers have seen a yearly increase in pay, going up 8 cents per mile since 2013. Last month, we raised our over-the-road company driver pay by 2 cents per mile.
The new starting pay rates for solo company drivers are:
- .44 cpm refrigerated in a full-size truck
- .49 cpm refrigerated in a lightweight truck
- .46 cpm flatbed
- .51 cpm tanker
Benefits for Prime company drivers
Driving for Prime pays in more ways than one. Company drivers are also eligible for a number of benefits that help to keep them feeling and driving their best:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance options
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) Success Sharing with company match
Aside from our general company benefits, we provide several incentives for our drivers to to earn more money and recognition:
- Driver Referral Program: Do you know people who would make great Prime drivers? Send them our way and become eligible for a bonuses once they haul their first load and when they stay 6 months.
- Fuel Mileage Incentive: Company drivers can earn additional cents per mile for hitting fuel mileage goals on a weekly basis.
- Prime Time Certified Award. Drivers who commit to their schedules and never miss a delivery time could become Prime Time Certified, making them eligible to receive rewards like patches, jackets, and more. After two years of being Prime Time Certified, drivers receive a gold ring with a single diamond, earning a new diamond with each continuous year of on-time performance.
Would you like to learn more about our truck driver pay rates and benefits?
Contact a recruiter today to find out what your paycheck could look like as a Prime driver. If you’re ready to see the benefits for yourself, enroll in our truck driving training program and get paid to start your career driving for Prime.